Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj - Awaken to the Eternal - Free Advaita Videos - Katie Davis Blog: AwakebyKatie


Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj is a brilliant sage and one of the most revered spiritual teachers of modern day India. Nisargadatta passed form in 1981 at the age of 84. His primary talks are compiled in the book I Am That.

A simple man, Nisargadatta Maharaj, was a householder and shopkeeper in Bombay where he lived with his family and four children. He had not been educated formally, but came to be respected and loved for his insights into the crux of human pain and the extraordinary clarity and power of his direct discourse. Hundreds of diverse seekers traveled the globe and sought him out in his unpretentious home to hear him. To all of them he gave hope that "beyond experience is not the mind, but the self, the light in which everything appears...the awareness in which everything happens.



2 comments:

mustoosee said...

I have read this book in French
the title was "JE SUIS"

Sri Nisargadata Maharaj book has given me first inspiration when I
was only 23, the I join www.srcm.org till now

Katie Davis, Author, Awake Joy said...

Hello Mustoosee ~ Thank you for sharing the French book title as well as the website. I enjoyed my visit. All Love ~ Katie