Monday, December 21, 2009

Gratitude to Friends of the Heart ~ Saints Bowing in Mountains - Katie Davis Blog - AwakebyKatie


 (New Google Translator in blog right hand column)



As this year drifts by in clock time, I would like to take a moment to express this gratitude.

You have shared so much beauty!

I am grateful for the visionary art, the photos that have reflected not only this love, but also stirred compassion for the seeming reality. You have creatively written poems, notes and blogs and even vigorously debated.

The shared videos have generated love and laughter with such beautiful music that sometimes it seems like the Heart is singing. It is fun getting to know you, through your event invitations, groups and pages.

There is such wonderment in that we have somehow 'connected the dots';  these relative points in consciousness that I call Heart Friends, family and friends. I look at "My Friends' Map" and you are everywhere!  :)

Though most I have never physically met directly, I greet you as love during every Maui sunset.

I see you at midnight sparkling as moonbeams over the ocean as the full moon sets over the island of Lanai.

I sense the power of love in the breech of the whales, as they are now arriving to mate and calve their young.

Even the Monarch butterflies are joyfully dancing and whispering the language of love.

May we leave no footprints ~ All Love ~ Katie Davis


Saints Bowing in Mountains by Hafiz

From the Book I Heard God Laughing, Translated by Daniel Ladinsky

Do you know how beautiful you are?

I think not, my dear

For as you talk of God,

I see great parades with wildly colorful bands

Streaming from your mind and heart,

Carrying wonderful and secret messages

To every corner of the world.


I see Saints Bowing in the Mountains

Hundreds of miles away

To the wonder of sounds

That break into light

From your most common words.

Speak to me of your mother, your cousins and your friends.

Tell me of squirrels and birds you know.

Awaken your legion of nightingales ~

Let them soar wild and free in the sky.

And begin to sing to God.

Let us all begin to sing to God!


Do you know how beautiful you are?

I think not, my dear.

Yet Hafiz

Can set you upon a Stage




No comments: